- We shall use our best endeavours to deal with your case efficiently and in accordance with your instructions.
- If, at any stage, you are dissatisfied with the quality of service that we are providing, then you are entitled to complain.
- Your complaint may be made initially to the fee earner handling your case (either verbally or in writing). If the fee earner is unable to resolve matters to your satisfaction, then you should put your complaint in writing to Mr.Peter H.Fisher.
- Alternatively, you may, if you wish, make your initial complaint to Mr.Fisher and, in that event, you should do so in writing.
- Upon Mr.Fisher receiving a complaint in writing:-
(a) He will write to you within 7 days to acknowledge receipt of your complaint.
(b) He will investigate your complaint.
(c) He will report back to you in writing within 14 days of the receipt of your complaint.
- If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your case and Mr.Fisher is the fee earner then:-
(a) You may raise the issue with Mr.Fisher verbally or in writing. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction then you should put your complaint in writing to Miss Frances White.
(b) Alternatively, if you prefer, you may make your initial complaint in writing to Miss White.
(c) Upon Miss White receiving a complaint in writing she will:-
(i) write to you within 7 days to acknowledge receipt of your complaint;
(ii) investigate the complaint;
(iii) report to you within 14 days of the receipt of your complaint.
- If Mr.Fisher or Miss White (as the case may be) is unable to deal with your complaint within the timescales mentioned above (e.g. because of absence from the office), then your complaint will be dealt with by Miss Debbie Stanton.
- The letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint will give details of the Legal Ombudsman. In any event, details are set out in paragraph 10 below.
- You may refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman and the following time limits apply:
• Within six months of our final response to your complaint or
• Within six years of the problem happening or
• Within three years of the date you found out about it.
- Details of the Legal Ombudsman are as follows:-
PO Box 6806,
Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ.
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
- If the complaint is about our conduct towards you, you may refer it to the Solicitors Regulation Authority whose address is:
199 Wharfside Street
Birmingham B1 1RN
Telephone 0370 606 2555
- We will not charge you for the cost of handling your complaint.